Make A Donation
Annual Giving Campaign
Gift Planning / Endowment
Find A Program
Active Older Adults
Aquatics (Ages 6-12)
Arts and Humanities
Certifications and Trainings
Child and School Age Care
Chronic Health Initiatives
Health and Fitness
Saint Joseph Healthy Living Center
Sports and Leagues
Training Prgram for Reindeer Ramble 5K "RUN for IT
Beaumont Centre Family YMCA
High Street YMCA
Jessamine County YMCA
North Lexington Family YMCA
Scott County YMCA
YMCA Child Development
YMCA Community Services
YMCA Black Achievers
News & Announcements
Event Photo Galleries
Audio / Video
Board of Directors
Forms and Brochures
Healthy Kids Day Fun Fest 2012
Youth and Teen Volunteers
Manage My Account
Log in to view your account and make payments
JOIN THE FUN!
Youth and teen volunteer opportunities!
SPECIAL EVENTS AND NEW PROGRAMS
Middle School Soccer Coaches
coaching 2 – 3 hours for one night a week practices and games on Saturdays
- a community event where families can come dress in costumes (optional) get their face painted, play games in a fun safe environment. Volunteers would help greet participants, run games and help clean up.
FOR YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
At the Y, we believe in nurturing the potential of every child and teen. Volunteers play a crucial role. Here are some current volunteer opportunities:
Buddies for our inclusion programs
– working with children and adults with disabilities for 2 hours per week
Black Achiever Mentors
– role models to share career experiences with youth
Black Achiever Cluster Leaders
– facilitate career topics
– elementary school after school programs between 2:30 – 6 pm Monday through Friday for reading, math, science, foreign language
– coaching 2 – 3 hours practices per week and games on Saturdays
Flag Football Coaches
– coaching 2 – 3 hours for one night a week practices and games on Sundays
– for all youth sports, year round opportunities in soccer, flag football, basketball, t-ball
– playing with young children in safe space while their guardian works out at the Y
– 2 – 3 hours, one night a week practice and a game either on Saturdays or Monday evenings
Summer Sports Camp Assistants
– helping in a week-long sports camp (3 – 5 hours per day Monday through Friday) for kids ages 4 – 13 in various sports like soccer, tennis, basketball and volleyball
– help teach kids or adults to swim, twice per week/sessions for 8 weeks
Youth Arcade (Beaumont Centre Y)
– playing active games with elementary age children
Swim Lesson Assistants
– help with swim lessons for children of all ages and skill levels. Certified Instructors desired in the water and on deck.
– help plan the city-wide aquatic safety program called SPLASH.
– come as you or dressed in character and share the magic of reading with children at the Child Development Center throughout the month of March.
Before and Afterschool Volunteers
– story reading, youth activities assistance; locations throughout the area.
Vacation and Snow Day Assistants
– on school conference days, snow days, legal holidays when school is closed, volunteers needed to help with all-day programming activities at various locations throughout the area - games, crafts, trips.
FOR HEALTHY LIVING
Improving the region’s health and well-being is a priority for the Y. Are you a volunteer interested in any of these?
Group Exercise Instructor
– teaching one or more classes in a small or large group setting once or more per week
– assist a Master Instructor with individual and group technique in a 1 hour once per week class if you are currently enrolled in a Shaolin class and the class is a belt lower than your belt.
assistance in wellness center areas to greet members, straighten area, wipe down equipment, put away weights
Courtesy Counter Assistants
assistance in welcome areas to greet members, check people in, fold towels.
FOR SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Giving back and providing support to our neighbors. Is there a better reason to volunteer at the Y?
Special Event Management
– assist with city-wide events such as Reindeer Ramble, SPLASH, Open Water Swim, Fall Family Festivals, and Healthy Kids Day serving thousands of children and families
– camp site preparations, community garden work, aquatic clean up
– office volunteers to perform basic data entry, prepare mailings, stuff envelopes, filing, etc. Flexible times.
– help capture the moment at our programs for our marketing and communication pieces
– film programs for later use in commercials and publicity videos
Copyright © 2013 YMCA Of Central Kentucky, Inc. All rights reserved.
Hammond Communications Group